Thursday, March 04, 2010

Promises - Crossing the Jordan

Last two days have been a struggle. I have been reading the book of Joshua and God reminded me again of the promises that He had given me when I left my country. I have repeated this elsewhere in my blogs but it was sweet as I had forgotten the first part of those promises and just clung on Joshua 1:9 which says " Be Bold and Be Courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will go with you wherever you go."

The Lord said it is time for me to remember the first half and I quote and record here for my journey:


5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Joshua stands at the cusp of taking the promised land, but there are huge battles to fight, there are wars to wins and the opponents are not small, they are big in fact giants stand in the way, strong with fortified cities and powerful armies with wealth and power. But God promises his children let your hearts not faint when you see this for the Lord God who goes before you is a devouring fire.

Time and again I have to be reminded by God, though I have to fight, though I have stand in battle, the God who goes before me is a devouring fire. I am reminded that the promise on my life is "No Man will be able to stand up against me" - I have the experience of laying siege to a city, I have a past that is a testimony that a thousand pagans gathered against me and I put them to flight, may I remember the salvation of God and this time it will not be any different. I will set up stones of remembrance when we have crossed Jordan, stones of remembrance for my family and my children and their children to let them know what God did for me in this land. The waters of Jordan will recede and the His children as promised will walk on dry land.

Thank you Lord for the silent reminders before the battle. Last night again I was promised what I face is not even microscopic, not even thistles and thorns even if they were the Lord my God is going to crush them.

I will say to the mountains "Be removed and be cast in the seas"

Blessings & Shalom,

Sam Kurien

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another cool post. Keep Writing. I just stumbled across your blog from your technical side. Can't search it thru google somehow.

This is very encouraging.

Blessings my friend.