Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No More Will I Run

My last post though hard for me to learn and understand has made me come to the conclusion that promises given by the Lord do not always come to a fruitition in the ways we planned or hoped for. In fact they may not come even true in our life time, but we are nevertheless shaken at times like this especially as how to respond to Him. The Lord tests our hearts and waits to see what our response will be like in times like this. I suspect those who have learnt His intimate ways know how to respond, but some times life's beating on us leave us wondering, leave us thinking "Has He disappeared? Will He come through? Hebrews Chapter 11 echoes to us the acts of heroes of our faith, who were given incredible promises and miracles, yet the chapter end with Hebrews 11:39 saying thus:


39These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

What shall we say then? What shall my response to the one who gives life and abundance be? I am convinced my response should be that of surrender and acknowledgement of Who He Is? casting no doubt on His goodness, casting no question on His greatness and casting no accusation on of His plans because He is the one who knows better than anyone.

The answers may not be comforting, but I have found, it is in those times that Yeshua comes and ministers to the deepest of our heart, it is in those times that Yeshua restrains heaven and earth from bestwoing the goods, instead He bestows Himself and His presence. He causes growth and growth causes good fruit to bear. And growth is not pleasant all the time, it becomes pleasant when our response is looking on to the power of His name.

One of my favortie messianic singing group called 'Zemer Levav' (a family of seven with 5 daughters) sing the song "Your Name". I was lucky to find this on You Tube so I share it with you hear. Below the video are the lyrics to the song and they have immensely blessed and ministered to me when my response to Him is tested. But every time Yeshua comes, He has spoken and rescued me by the power of His name.



No more will I run from You
I will be wise accepting Your shelter
No more will I have to fear
I will be here in Your arms
(repeat)
Chorus:

Your Name, is above all powers above all kings
Your Name, You are the blessed Prince of Peace
(repeat)

Bridge:

No one else will ever let me live
This life I live in You
And no one else will ever take the place
That I have made for You
And no one else could ever fit the mold
That You have cast for me
You are my God I will bow down before You
You are my God I will lift up Your Name

(chorus)
Shimcha, Anu Ohavim Otcha
(Your Name, We love You)

Blessings & Shalom,

Sam Kurien

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sam - those who remain after the love feast of first contact with the bride, past the honeymoon, past the challenges this life presents, and beyond the savor of victories wrought- yes, those who have walked (a multitude of times) through the valley of the shadow of death clinging to the savior of our soul without casting shadow of doubt upon his goodness and mercy -
these are the ones who will endure and see God.

Sam Kurien said...

Thank Steven. You are right on. It is after the honeymoon you know how strong and committed you are.

Blessings, love ya Bro!