Thursday, January 05, 2017

Grace


Thomas Paine, a Puritan speaker, once said there is little difference between Grace and Glory. "Grace is Glory Militant and Glory is Grace is triumphant."  I was reading in the book of Romans today and verse 5: 20 states:


20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where since increased, grace increased all the more.”

Tozer writes in 'The Attributes of God I'  about the finest titles ever given to a book was by John Bunyan who wrote "Grace Abounding Toward the Chief of Sinners."  Bunyan believed he was the least of which could ever receive the grace of God. But God's grace abounded and overflowed that lead to his transformation. We rightly stand under the disapproval of God, but God's gift in Jesus has literally moved us fast into His presence;  as the old author of Romans defends God's mighty work moved us quickly from justification to reconciliation and sanctified us unto Him to  His righteousness. I cannot help but quote one of my favorite verses from Galatians 2:19-21


19 - 21: "For through the law, I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!

Blessings & Shalom,
SDG

No comments: