Monday, November 01, 2010

The Road Not Taken?

Isaiah 45:2-3 "I Will Go Before You
I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". (Isa. 45:2-3)

I know I am sojourner, a pilgrim passing through called by a haunting call to make a journey, an adventure and God promises “I will be with your wherever you go”. I know this but somehow my mind and heart is filled with doubts. I know in my mind the promises, I know that he desires to go with me but yet there are questions. These questions are haunting in themselves and the irony is that I am not able to always pin-point or form into a coherent set of ideas or problem statements in order to solve a problem but yet these questions linger. I also know His calling is part of giving up the less-wild lovers that have become a part of our identities and inset in us the seeds of doubts.

Its like God the lover is at every intersection beckoning me to take the road less travelled. There is anxiety, too many unknowns, sometimes very little hope yet one thing remains constant "His promise". The rambling journals of pilgrims that have taken this road ahead give no answers or clues but your own journey is unique, the embrace inevitable. I am reminded of Robert Frost's poem the Road not taken and hopefully the contemplation will help me take the road less travelled.



Thoughts for today,

Sam Kurien

No comments: