Friday, November 19, 2010

My Favorite One!

A few days back my family celebrated my birthday, early in the morning that day one of the words that Lord gave me was from Jeremiah 31:20 and its good to record here as reminder of his everlasting goodness to me.

"Oh! Ephraim is my dear, dear son, my child in whom I take pleasure! Every time I mention his name, my heart bursts with longing for him! Everything in me cries out for him. Softly and tenderly I wait for him. (Jer. 31:20 The Message)

He asked me to replace Ephraim’s name with mine. Though overwhelmed with this promise, it has also created a personal struggle, the onus now to believe – Can the King of the Universe really think this way about me…really about me?

Yet the realities and routines of life invade and the lingering thoughts of how do I arouse my heart to completely believe what He has said, How do I stay in that state of no-worry. At the same time I am aware things are moving, He has invited us to be an ally, encouraged us and released the truth that if He indeed takes pleasure in me and hence He has also made way for courage. Now is the time to fight for the hearts of people I love. Well the time is ripe, Aslan is on the move, we must ride hard, ride hard to Minas Tirith and join the great battle in saving Middle Earth, so is our story intertwined with the great adventure of saving the world. And amongst this adventure God whispers love in quietness, in magic and in mystery.

Yeshua’s call for intimacy is clear, a battle and adventure at hand. This is the gospel. Lord arouse faith in my heart to believe I am your favorite one and just like my heart yearns for you your heart yearns for me much more.

This is the Story we are living in. May you and I play the part of being His ally well.

Blessings & Shalom,

Sam Kurien

3 comments:

Yuri Richardson said...

Sam,

How are you doing? Thanks for this post. What I take from it is to be quick of heart to believe what YHWH reveals to us through His Word; and to understand how very special each one of us is to Him (especially His Natzarim.

ps I had a bday the other day=16th. When was yours? And thanks for leaving your Insightful comment on my blog. I'm checking out a few things before I post it.

Shalom In Messiah

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Sarah said...

Honey, with the intimate view of your life that I have, I can see so clearly that you truly are one of God's favorite sons! It blesses my heart to see you receive that from Him! Believe it, Da.

Love you!

P.S. you're my favorite, too! :)