Sunday, May 23, 2010

God is the Fiery Lover

God is the source of all masculine power; God is also the fountain of all feminine allure. My eastern friends may look into it and draw conclusions that this is very familiar with their gods and goddess's but it is not, there is no comparison here with false gods and deities but the idea here is to look into the face of the God of Israel and see His love and love his character completely. The endeavoring aim of this heart is to become more like him. He is the source of all perfection and every man or woman aiming to be more like Him has found the fount of all perfection.  Come to think of it, he is the wellspring of everything that has ever romanced your heart. The thundering strength of a waterfall or the thunderstorm, the delicacy of a flower, or for that matter the delicacy of your entire physical being, the stirring and romantic capacity of music, the richness of wine. The masculine and the feminine that fill all creation come from the same heart. What we have sought, what we have tasted in part with our earthly lovers, we will come face-to-face with in our True Love. For the incompleteness that we seek to relieve in the deep embrace of our earthly love is never fully healed. The union does not last, whatever the poets and pop artists may say, its only the futility of human wisdom and words that such earthly union lasts forever...unfortunately it does not. However, morning comes and we've got to get out of bed and off to our day, incomplete once more. But oh, to have it healed forever; to drink deeply from that fount of which we've had only a sip; to dive into that sea in which we have only waded.

And so a man like Charles Wesley can pen these words: "Jesus, Lover of my soul, let me to thy bosom fly," while Catherine of Siena can pray, "O fire surpassing every fire because you alone are the fire that burns without consuming! . . . Yet your consuming does not distress the soul but fattens her with insatiable love." The French mystic Madam Guyon can write, "I slept not all night, because Thy love, O my God, flowed in me like delicious oil, and burned as a fire . . . I love God far more than the most affectionate lover among men loves his earthly attachment."

Your God is a consuming fire, a fire in whose embrace the beloved will not be scorched or burned but the wicked will be destroyed.  As I pen this my heart is overwhelmed these days with the goodness of my God. Just as Yeshua raised Joseph and Daniel in the courts of kings so has His mercy come upon my life, so has his love consumed me. The verses from the Psalmist's heart come to mind:

Psalms 105:13 reads: “They went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people. He permitted no one to do them wrong; Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes, Saying, “Do not touch My anointed ones, And do My prophets no harm".

I meditate on these thoughts for the day.

Blessings & Shalom in the name of Yeshua Ha Meshiach

Sam Kurien

2 comments:

Yuri Richardson said...

Sam,

Did you know that today (May 23,) is my anniversary? Interesting timing?

Did you get my email response to your question about Kids?

Shalom Yuri

Sam Kurien said...

Yuri,

I didn't get your email. What is your email address?

Congratulations on your Anniversary. May 23rd is my mom's bday.

blessings

Sam