Saturday, May 01, 2010

'Be Still And Know I Am God'

My talented friend Hannah posted a video on her blog singing a few songs and one them was "Still/Be Still My Soul" and am so excited for her as she prepares to lead worship for a church in Utah. She sings beautifully and the words of the song blessed my heart.I decided to look up the lyrics and fortunately I found them on you tube (everything is available on you tube).  The lyrics echo Psalm 46:10 and I related especially with it with what God is lately teaching me to "be still and know that He is God" along with the idea that those that wait on the Lord soar like the eagles.


Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

So here are the lyrics visually presented to you and thanks to Don Moen who wrote the lyrics. Enjoy!



Be Still And Know I am God from Sam on Vimeo.

I have a hard time sitting still, always on the move and always wanting to do something, so when God says to "Be Still" its a struggle for me. In my growing relationship with Yeshua I have found and from examples of great characters in the Bible it is the things that we struggle with most are the first places that He comes to address. And in the addressing of those issues waiting and being still play a big part. Daniel waited on the Lord for an answer, Esther waited, prayed and fasted before the Lord before going up to the king, Moses sat still for forty days and forty nights on the mountain. Being still before God is not a skill that you can acquire in an instant but develops over the course of time as you purpose in your heart a devotion of waiting upon Him. I am by no means an expert in this but reading books like "Conversations With God" and "Practice of the Presence of God" by Bro. Lawrence has given me a glimpse of the idea and I learn on the journey.

Be blessed by the lyrics, know that He is in control and He is the king over the flood and we are bound to soar up with Him. Be still and know He is the Holy One of Israel!

Blessings & Shalom,

Sam Kurien

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Thanks for the shout out, friend. and Thanks for blogging - i am always so blessed and encouraged!