Sunday, February 10, 2019

Time & Being


I am re-reading "The Happiness Equation" by Niel Pascha. I like the space scribbles he uses to explain concepts in a simple way. Inspired by his 56 hr bucket analogy I have been examining closely about my own time buckets. I plan to reflect on that in my other blog but reading this book along with Daniel Pink's 'When' and Charles Duhigg 'The power of habit", things seem to have converged for me

in my understanding and management of time.  As I sit here early morning hammering on my laptop keyboard, I am transcribing here a poem I wrote on time a few weeks ago on my date with my daughter Hannah. My mind struggled as I spent time that Saturday contemplating all the things I had to get done and comparing it against the time I was spending with my daughter. Reflection and introspection resulted in this poem I penned that Saturday afternoon.

Our investments so measured in greedy returns,
Be it of money,  resources or relationships, 
Or Time spent or lost spun like the rings of Saturn,
Displaying time & again our poor skill in life's gamesmanship.

Lessons I learn are riches beyond measure,
Deep reflections are now collections of timeless treasure,
More valuable than war chests, spoils & stock returns,
It is time to live life with intentional pleasures. 

Time is one constant given to all - be it for the rich or the poor,
Be it east, west north or south it flows unhinged & unshackled,
If we endure, focus less on the hunt & drive to ever procure, 
It is in just 'being'; time's timeless secrets unravel

Where time slows & multiplies - 
For a life to be once more called, 
well-traveled, better lived and fully qualified - 
For heaven's reward in being fully present & fully enthralled!

- Time & Being!

No comments: