Sunday, January 13, 2019

Reflecting on Last Year through some Poems



What is stronger
than the human heart
which shatters over and over
and still lives
              - rupi kaur

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018 is almost closing,
another hard year about to wrap
my heart musters for another one
awaiting all its storms,
shipwrecks,
heartaches,
brokenness, and pains yet to be re-visited;
How do I brace myself?
Do I have strength or boldness?
Do I have what it takes to faith and hope?
Do I have the courage to resurrect and love once again?
                    - new year Q's

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not here neither there,
Away from home to make a new one here;
The new one hasn't been home either,
Identity lost, don't belong here or there.

Lost my way in the wanderings & journeys,
More lost in the ruts and routines, and
Lost my heart somewhere along,
Its worse than losing oneself, I know
Yet somewhere it lives,
echoing the long haunting call,
The heart must respond to this yonder call &
Find once again its way back home.
                      - lost & found
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the new year closes, a new one awaits to birth forth,
A day or two a new year will roll in,
With the old one rolling over,
With its events,
disasters,
joys,
miracles & mundanes to unfold.
Each unfurling & unraveling,
creating unique juxtapositions of choices,
hopes,
dreams,
wishes & desires
failures & fears,
expectations and hopelessness;

I stand my heart holding these tensions.
Directing them to faith to replace fear,
Desiring for my heart to hope to replace death,
Dealing to love once again
to live fully refreshed, and reset in freedom
                             - rolling over tensions

No comments: