Monday, October 24, 2011

"Bridegroom King" - I will set you as seal upon my heart

I recently heard a amazing exposition of the word from Mike Bickle on his talk on Revelation 17 and 19  where he beautifully explains the revelation of the Bridegroom King. He goes on to say those chapters in scripture relate to at least 150 chapters in the Bible which talk about the "The Day of the Lord".  The day when the Bridegroom King returns to Jerusalem to bring his judgement on the nations and kings of the earth. Both terrifying and amazing, both gruesomely bloody and at the same time joyously the beginning of a new era for earth.

Millions upon millions executed in judgement and at the same time breathtakingly the most glorious moment of the church as it beheld its eyes upon the Bridegroom King.  A day of reckoning where the history of earth changes in one day as the armies of all nations march towards Jerusalem to annihilate the King's city, they think they have got Jesus but instead are lured into the trap where the King of Kings as promised in Isaiah 63 treads them in the wine press and His white garments are drenched in Blood.

The passage in Isaiah 63 as we read starts of giving a picture of the single handed massacre the Lord gives. A final battle that does not even last a day because He fights in against the whole earth:
 

1 Who is this who comes from Edom, With dyed garments from Bozrah, This One who is glorious in His apparel, Traveling in the greatness of His strength?— “ I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.”;
2 Why is Your apparel red, And Your garments like one who treads in the wine press?
3 “ I have trodden the winepress alone, And from the peoples no one was with Me. For I have trodden them in My anger, And trampled them in My fury; Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments, And I have stained all My robes.
4 For the day of vengeance is in My heart, And the year of My redeemed has come.
5 I looked, but there was no one to help, And I wondered That there was no one to uphold; Therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me; And My own fury, it sustained Me.
6 I have trodden down the peoples in My anger, Made them drunk in My fury

Zechariah 14 also gives us a glimpse of the "Day of the Lord". Through all this the Lord's remnant will go untouched so will the church who is intimately in love with Him. The chruch's glorious moment truly is in its state of being, rescued by her bridegroom King.  The Lord has been impressing deeply on me about the concept of "being" and its a hard one for me especially because I am always wanting to be in the state of "doing". The picture He has been giving me is that of Mary at His feet, who was overjoyed to be in the presence of the Lord. The next thing He tells me is paradoxically the state of "being" with Him also accomplishes a lot of doing. I may sound crazy here but, I think we as Christians are being called to this as His return dawns closer and and closer. And the only way for the bride to recognize Him from all the other impostors is to be in the state of "being", intimately knowing Him and ever desiring His return.

I am reminded of the beautiful words of Misty Edward's song "You won't relent until You have it all" which brings in full circle the idea expressed in the Song of Solomon.



You won't relent until You have it all
My heart is Yours I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
Many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one

No comments: