Saturday, January 02, 2010

Be Merciful to me; As your Custom is toward those who love Your Name



I had an awesome time with the Lord. I went for a drive and swung by the World Prayer Center for a time of worship and prayer, while driving the Lord was impressing on me “I am growing your faith” and deep down it meant that I need to surrender my dreams, desires and plans at His feet, so in due time He will fulfill the dreams and desires that He has given. A couple of verses came to my mind as I thought about this.

2 Chronicles 7:14 “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

Habbakuk 1:5 “ Look among the nations and watch —Be utterly astounded! For I will work a work in your days Which you would not believe, though it were told you.

Mathew 7:7-8 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”

I read through Psalm 119 and was again amazed by the number of times the Psalmist seeks and entreats for the Lord to the merciful and teach him His statues. One of my favorite verses is Psalm 199:132 which says

“Look upon me and be merciful to me,
 As Your custom is toward those who love Your name.”

I love this verse because it takes the focus of myself and praises God reminding Him of his custom and His nature towards those who love His Name. My Prayer this morning is:  "Oh Lord I come to thy throne of grace seeking your face, turning from the wicked ways for you to hear from heaven and forgive my sin and heal this land. As your word says in Habbakuk you will do utterly astounding things and believing I will ask boldly from the King of the Universe these wonderful things, I seek you and your face and I will receive and see your mercy as is your custom toward those who love your name. "

Blessings and may Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace) be with you.

No comments: