Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Linger


As Moses went up to meet with God and receive instruction,
A young man lingered at the foot of the mountain,
Away from family and friends, he chose to linger where God was near,
Dreaming, cherishing how awesome to be in His presence,
To talk like a man to his closet friend;
Joshua wondered in amazement: I want what Moses has; so I will linger at the foot of this mount.

Away from revelry and comforts of tent and camp,
A young man lingered outside the Tent of Meeting,
Waiting upon his God and leader as they communed like friends of old,
Dreaming, cherishing, yearning how awesome to be in His presence,
To talk to God, Maker of all;
Joshua wondered in amazement: I want what Moses has; so I will linger around this holy Tent of Meeting.

To be in His presence is answer to all cries,
As Joshua lingered, I too will linger at the door posts of Yahweh;
When He comes down on a mountain top or in the house of our sweet meeting
Dreaming, cherishing, yearning, believing how awesome it is to be in His presence,
To talk to my King in the pillar of fire;
I wonder in amazement: I want what old Mosey and Joshua had; so I will linger a little longer strengthening my heart, becoming more stronger.

To be in Almighty's presence is Joy so unexplainable,
May there be many a young men to linger and long for His cover and be a blessing to generations,
Be it in the calm and peace of life or in the heat of a heavy battle,
Dreaming, cherishing, yearning, believing, knowing, how awesome it is be in His presence,
To talk to the Lord of Hosts, Lord of the armies of Israel,
I wonder in amazement: I want what old Mosey and Joshua had; so I will linger in His presence all the more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

/great post you write with passion.

Blessings,

Anonymous said...

Lingering in God's presence, never thought of it that way. We have so much to learn from joshua

Becca

Anonymous said...

Lovely Poem!!